During the cohort meeting on Monday it was mentioned that we needed a hard copy of our brief for the hand in, which reminded me that my brief needed a slight tweaking. I made sure that there wasn’t anything in my brief that wasn’t also in my collection (basically I took outa few handy loopholes that I thought I might when I wrote the brief) and made sure that everything was in tip top shapes for hand in.
And now I present you with, The Finished Brief –
With the deadline looming nearer (I say that like I’m stressed or dreading it, I’m really not), I decided to go back to my portfolio, like i did my mood boards, and just make them better. Update them so they fit better with the collection i have created, and well, this is the result.
I had a great ambition: to create a men’s jacket. But when those sleeves first got sewed in, I realised, I’ve made a monster. A monster I desperately wish to flee from. How could I have been so reckless, so naive as to think my creation would be accepted by the world; would be beautiful.
It’s purple skin has been marred by these strange white marks. I don’t know where they came from. I don’t know how to fix what I’ve put so desperately wrong.
Ok, ok, I’ll stop now.
Last week was super productive for me, I gathered all the pieces for my second jacket (Simon), and then went about putting them together. After putting four sleeves in, two for the outer and two for the lining, I was feeling pretty confident in my abilities. As well as super chuffed because I’d successfully created almost most of my jacket!
Joining the outer and the lining proved to be a beast of a different nature however, and after how long it took to figure out how to get them matches up correctly, Beth (thankfully!) took over and zipped the pieces together in super quickly.
I thought I was going to have much more difficulty with sewing together the pattern pieces, and while I didn’t create the whole jacket, I’m very proud of what I did create. I’m not a sewer. I can sew, but I’m not confident that I can create really fiddly things, but with this jacket I have! Yay me.
Having updated my mood boards for subject, I decide it was a good a time as any to update my mood boards for field. They needed a bit of rearranging now the my collection has developed. Plus I really like making mood boards at the moment, playing with layers and choosing what images to go together.