Today I spend the day testing fabric dying times and the strengths of the dyes. I was looking to make a grey to dye my fabric, and using the dye that I experimented with when I made my last dye samples, I set out trying to gauge the different shades available to me. However, I have no idea why, the dye decided to be blue today, instead of grey. I was hoping that they would dry greyer, they didn’t, but I now have a better idea of how much dye and for how long I need to soak the fabric for.
Tomorrow I plan to start mixing in other dyes in order to neutralise the blue and get to a more black/grey.