Behind The Scenes

Just some behind the scenes photos from the photoshoot –

 

Advertisements

Book of Revelation

Maybe not quite, but I did make a look book to go in my press pack. I wanted something that was a bit different but still showed all the work that I’ve out into this collection, and I’ve had the idea of a look book floating around in my head for a few months now (probably because Irene said it and it just lodged itself in my brain). so why the heck not right?

It’s only a tiny little thing, a5 with only 6 pages, but its a cool little addition to my press pack, and as its so small it didn’t take too long to design the pages, leaving plenty of time for me to procrastinate with something else.


Labeled With Love

They arrived on the day of the photoshoot so I wasn’t able to add them in, not that you’d be able to see them while the model was wearing the garments. But while I was getting to the end of making my garments I decided that they needed labels.

It’s strange, or maybe I am, but I was super excited to have designed an printed labels for my jackets. It’s made them seem so much more professional. Anyway, here a picture of what they look like now I’ve sewing them into my jackets.


Beautiful Monster

I had a great ambition: to create a men’s jacket. But when those sleeves first got sewed in, I realised, I’ve made a monster. A monster I desperately wish to flee from. How could I have been so reckless, so naive as to think my creation would be accepted by the world; would be beautiful.

It’s purple skin has been marred by these strange white marks. I don’t know where they came from. I don’t know how to fix what I’ve put so desperately wrong.

Ok, ok, I’ll stop now.

Last week was super productive for me, I gathered all the pieces for my second jacket (Simon), and then went about putting them together. After putting four sleeves in, two for the outer and two for the lining, I was feeling pretty confident in my abilities. As well as super chuffed because I’d successfully created almost most of my jacket!

Joining the outer and the lining proved to be a beast of a different nature however, and after how long it took to figure out how to get them matches up correctly, Beth (thankfully!) took over and zipped the pieces together in super quickly.

I thought I was going to have much more difficulty with sewing together the pattern pieces, and while I didn’t create the whole jacket, I’m very proud of what I did create. I’m not a sewer. I can sew, but I’m not confident that I can create really fiddly things, but with this jacket I have! Yay me.


Turn The Page

After working on my portfolio with Nada, I decided to show Irene the pages I have been working on and she gave me some suggestions on which I should change. The pages were a bit full so I shuffled things around to get some more white space, then swapped a few images around, rejigged my theme and colour pages, created a line up that would be printed on tracing paper and laid over toe images. I’ve made sure that I have samples of the materials for which my jackets are going to be made out of to put in. I also edited the front page with the British Fashion Council logo, which is where my portfolio will be heading in May with Irene, but also the Burberry logo, where my portfolio will be making its was next week! Eek!


Silver lining

Tuesday was the day! Not more of a day than when I printed onto the back of my jacket, but it was still a good day for printing. I was really chuffed with myself for making a screen that repeated, I’ve never done it before (at least I don’t think I have) and I was really looking forward to putting it to good use on my lining. However, it didn’t quite line up, there was about 1cm or less of the pattern missing down the one edge, but since the pattern was quite messy(?), I don’t think that’s the right word, but it didn’t really need to be perfectly aligned.

The end result was a really bright and really cool lining that will be a great contrast to the darker orange outside of my jacket.


Nada and the Portfolio

On Monday I had a meeting with Nada to discuss ideas for my portfolio. She was really helpful in giving me suggestion, mostly on just scanning in my samples to use, and slo using photographs that I had already taken. This has really helped me over the week, as I have been able to focus more on my layouts and the imagery that I want to use. I have also been able to get more comfortable with my colour range and how to spread that evenly throughout the pages I have designed.