Maybe not quite, but I did make a look book to go in my press pack. I wanted something that was a bit different but still showed all the work that I’ve out into this collection, and I’ve had the idea of a look book floating around in my head for a few months now (probably because Irene said it and it just lodged itself in my brain). so why the heck not right?
It’s only a tiny little thing, a5 with only 6 pages, but its a cool little addition to my press pack, and as its so small it didn’t take too long to design the pages, leaving plenty of time for me to procrastinate with something else.
With the deadline looming nearer (I say that like I’m stressed or dreading it, I’m really not), I decided to go back to my portfolio, like i did my mood boards, and just make them better. Update them so they fit better with the collection i have created, and well, this is the result.
I had a great ambition: to create a men’s jacket. But when those sleeves first got sewed in, I realised, I’ve made a monster. A monster I desperately wish to flee from. How could I have been so reckless, so naive as to think my creation would be accepted by the world; would be beautiful.
It’s purple skin has been marred by these strange white marks. I don’t know where they came from. I don’t know how to fix what I’ve put so desperately wrong.
Ok, ok, I’ll stop now.
Last week was super productive for me, I gathered all the pieces for my second jacket (Simon), and then went about putting them together. After putting four sleeves in, two for the outer and two for the lining, I was feeling pretty confident in my abilities. As well as super chuffed because I’d successfully created almost most of my jacket!
Joining the outer and the lining proved to be a beast of a different nature however, and after how long it took to figure out how to get them matches up correctly, Beth (thankfully!) took over and zipped the pieces together in super quickly.
I thought I was going to have much more difficulty with sewing together the pattern pieces, and while I didn’t create the whole jacket, I’m very proud of what I did create. I’m not a sewer. I can sew, but I’m not confident that I can create really fiddly things, but with this jacket I have! Yay me.
Having updated my mood boards for subject, I decide it was a good a time as any to update my mood boards for field. They needed a bit of rearranging now the my collection has developed. Plus I really like making mood boards at the moment, playing with layers and choosing what images to go together.