In My Time of Dying, Part 8Posted: March 30, 2017 | |
I wanted to be more experiential with my fabrics as well as with my designs. It may seem a bit late in the game to start playing around with new fabrics but, since I’ve got almost all of the components for my two garments ready, I’ve decided to start looking at what other materials I could use as other potential jackets (this is a collection after all).
The fabrics that I’ve decided to try out are, wool serge; drill cotton sateen; cotton sateen arian, poly/visc hazelwood and natural denim (which hasn’t arrived yet – the other four I got off Maggie). As with any new fabrics, I started by sampling each fabric in the dye bath before deciding what colour and fabric combinations I wanted to take into samples. Having already done quite a bit of experimenting with times, I was quite confident in my colour and choosing the correct amount of time as as I didn’t have to go through the whole lot of full colour testing.
The colours I made were beautiful. I realise that its my collection and I chose these colours so i should love them, but damn; they are just stunning. I could look at them all day and be happy! (I won’t, promise!