Simon SaysPosted: February 17, 2017
Today I made my second ever toile. Once the first was complete and I knew all the steps I found the second one to be quite easy, although there were very different components, having to make an allowance for excess fabric for the poppers that would go down the front and the collar. All went really smoothly, the shoulder seem went in without too much hair pulling and the collar looked especially amazing, even if I do say so myself. They only flaw with the toile was that it was too short in body length, meaning that I’ve had to make a new pattern for the body – I’ve made this longer than I needed so that I will be able to cut it to length once I’ve layered, and lined it up, over the first toile.